“Always treat your feet right. They are the workhorses of our bodies, but we give them so little respect”———-Anonymous.
Feet are our body’s foundation, which we often take for granted. Keeping them healthy is as vital as giving a firm base to your abode. Cracked heels is common foot problem. However, if left untreated, it can lead to severe problems like bleeding, severe pain, and discomfort. So, it is important to take care of your feet.
Why do we have cracked feet?
- Fungal infection
- Wearing open and unsupportive shoes
- Deficiency of certain vitamins
Skinaa experts have come up with specific steps to be followed to prevent heel crack at the initial stage.
- Soak and remove dead skin: Soak your feet in lukewarm water to remove dry and hard dead skin with a loofah. Gently pat them and give a message of coconut oil, or moisturizing. Doing it before going to bedtime will be more beneficial.
- Apply moisturizer or any skin-softening lotion at least twice a day.
- Try Petroleum jelly: Add a thin layer of petroleum jelly-based product to seal the moisture in your cracks.
- Don’t peel or shave your calluses harshly: Avoid rubbing with pumice stone or any scrubber on your fissure as it may cause infections.
- Wear closed shoes: Protect the area by wearing supportive and closed shoes. Wear sturdy and wide heels to hold your feet properly.
Add these simple treatments to your day-to-day routine, and you will be back on your feet, feeling good in no time. Before the problem becomes complicated, consult the experts. It’s better to give your feet a treat before it gets too late. To consult our experts, contact us at www.skinaa.com